“Yoga is skill in action. The skill is to see, how to keep your energy uplifted, your energy high and accomplish the task in hand. This comes only by Yoga. Yoga should not be limited or misunderstood as just some exercise. It is a holistic development , expression & connection of human life.” – Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar.
Yoga which is being practiced in our country since days of yore, received universal recognition after the United Nations declared June 21st as International Yoga day, a proposition that was carried out by our Prime Minister Modi who is an enthusiastic yoga practitioner himself. Since its inception in 2015, it is annually celebrated on June 21st and has been endorsed by an unmatched 175 countries.
From New York to New Delhi, from Australia to Afghanistan, yoga fanatics around the world celebrated International Yoga Day Tuesday with a variety of Yoga-themed events. Check out these beautiful pictures showcasing the celebrations of the day.
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi participated in a mass yoga demonstration at the Capitol Complex in Chandigarh.
The event saw the participation of over 30, 000 people, including 100 differently-abled children:
2. Not ones to lag behind in the celebrations, the three armed forces of the nation also came together to show their support.
The Indian Navy personnel performing Yoga onboard INS Viraat. INS Chennai also saw participation of The Indian Navy personnel and their families in the revelry.
The Indian Army showcasing great zeal and excitement with their Yoga day demonstration at Forward areas and Siachen, the world’s highest battlefield which regularly experiences sub zero temperatures.
Indian Air Force officers and personnel celebrating the day at the Wellingdon camp in New Delhi on Tuesday.
3. School students of Ahmedabad forming a unique colorful formation by their yoga demonstration.
4.Yoga is a universal form of exercise and the day saw the world united in celebrations
Here are some youngsters contributing their bit of Yoga at sunrise on top of the Sydney Harbour bridge.
5.Experience the tranquility and calmness of the photo showing yoga breathing in Zhenjiang, China
6. We are Family.
A mother daughter duo share a hug while the others practice Yoga at Gorky park in Minsk, Belarus.
7. The traffic at Times Square comes to a halt for a yoga session on a summer solstice.
8. Yoga followers braved the cold weather in London to celebrate the spirit of International Yoga Day in front of the London Eye.
9. Taking the ‘downward dog’ pose to a whole new level, 270 participants recently got involved with the largest dog yoga class. The lesson was arranged by Link Asset Management Limited (Hong Kong) in Stanley Plaza, Hong Kong, China in January this year.
10. Thousands of children in poor parts of Venezuela in South America are being taught yoga to help improve the quality of their lives.
The second annual International Yoga day was celebrated with great elation across the globe. Throughout the years, Yoga has altered a lot of lives for better and one should involve Yoga in their daily routine.